Some sense from Foxtel’s Brian Walsh telling Matchbox Pictures that Real Housewives of Sydney went too far in its vitriol.
Bravo Networks in the US is refusing to screen the series despite previously screening the Real Housewives of Melbourne.
“A lot of the women in this show were nasty for nasty’s sake and have no redeeming features,” Walsh told News Corp.
“I particularly felt Lisa Oldfield and AthenaX Levendi were driving their own agendas.”
Walsh said he raised concerns there were not enough lighthearted moments, something that would change in a second season.
“I’ve raised my concerns with the production team from this season. I felt the bad language and behaviour throughout the series did go too far,” Walsh said.
The show drew horrified reactions when viewed by families on Gogglebox.
Last month I noted it was time to “switch off and deny them oxygen” after one allegedly trolled the 13-year-old son of another.
This is the first time I’ve bothered to mention the show since…
— The Morning Show (@morningshowon7) May 26, 2017