Some of the questions on the Application Sheet certainly give an insight into what reality producers are looking for these days.
Take a look at these doozies:
- Have you ever formally or otherwise changed your name or used an alias or another name? (If so, what other names and/or aliases have you used?)
- Do you have a home page on the internet? If so, what is the address?
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime? (If so, tell us about it – include dates, city and state)
- Have you ever had a restraining order issued against you? (If so, tell us about it – include dates, city and state)
- Are you involved in any pending litigation? (If so, tell us about it. Include dates, city & state)
- What are your thoughts on religion?
- Are politics important to you?
- How often do you get drunk? (How do you act when you get drunk?)
- What sorts of people do you NOT get on with?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with, or treated for, alcoholism or any other drug-related addiction? (If so, please provide more details, including how long you’ve been in recovery – if that’s the case)
- How often do you lose your temper?
- When was the last time you hit, punched or kicked something in anger? Please provide details.
- Have you ever been to a nude beach? (If so, what was it like?)
And in the Terms and Conditions auditionees should also check out Clause 10: “I specifically authorise the investigation of my medical records and criminal records. I acknowledge that the above information may be used for the purposes of selecting contestants in the Series.”
Finally if the “reality” hasn’t sunk in about just what is required, it’s all spelled out here:
“During your participation you may be filmed, recorded and photographed. You understand that you may be filmed, recorded and photographed while clothed, partially clothed or naked. The house is extensively fitted with video and audio recording devices which will record, broadcast and exhibit your actions and voice at all times, twenty-four hours a day, in every room of the house, as well as any and all locations and settings outside of the house for the duration of your participation in the Series. You will be observed at all times by the Producers as well as the general public watching on television and possibly the Internet, mobile phone, Podcasting and any other media.”
Reassuringly, applicants under 18 require an adult to co-sign the application sheet.
If you’re still up for all of this the audition info is here.
The FOXTEL search is about to begin for AUSTRALIA’S NEXT TOP MODEL, with a nationwide audition tour starting on October 31 to select the finalists who will star in the fourth series of the exclusive FOX8 hit reality program.
Hosted by Jodhi Meares, AUSTRALIA’S NEXT TOP MODEL follows the transformation of young women into potential supermodels as they are initiated into the high-stakes world of modelling. Auditions will be held from October 31, beginning on the Gold Coast and then onto Sydney, Perth, Melbourne and Adelaide.
Girls who think they’ve got what it takes can simply turn up on the day of auditions and strut their stuff in front of the judges. Entrants must be Australian females aged between 16 and 27 and over 170cm tall.
Last years winner Alice Burdeu, graced the cover of VOGUE and has since been signed to New York’s Elite Model Management, who also represent Nelly Furtado, Carmen Electra and hot new face Coco Rocha.
Following the nationwide audition process, 13 finalists will be chosen to live together in the top model house and star in the next series of AUSTRALIA’S NEXT TOP MODEL, premiering on FOX8 in early 2008.
Auditions will be held in David Jones stores around the country on the following dates:
GOLD COAST Wednesday October 31: 10am-2pm David Jones Robina Town Centre Restaurant – Level 3 Centre Drive, Robina
SYDNEY Thursday November 1: 10am-2pm David Jones Elizabeth Street The Park Terrace – Level 7 86-108 Castlereagh St, Sydney
SYDNEY Friday November 2: 10am-2pm David Jones Warringah Mall Restaurant – Level 1 Pittwater Rd and Cross St, Brookvale
PERTH Monday November 5: 10am-2pm David Jones Hay St Restaurant – Level 4 622 Hay St, Perth
MELBOURNE Tuesday November 13: 10am-2pm David Jones Bourke St Mall The Gallery – Level 3 310 Bourke St, Melbourne
MELBOURNE Wednesday November 14: 10am-2pm David Jones Chadstone Restaurant Air – Level 1 Princes Highway, Chadstone
ADELAIDE Thursday November 15: 10am-2pm Richmond Hotel – Level 2 128 Rundle Mall, Adelaide
Full info: ANTM website.