Spoilers: Australian Idol this week held one of its last finals for singers hoping to make the final cut of the TEN reality series.
A whopping 44 singers sang for their lives before a live audience in a Sydney theatre.
It was a last chance for judges to hear them perform before settling on those who will comprise the annual semi-finals.
This year, members of the audience also helped choose who would go through, with small electronic keypads given out to register a score for each singer.
Delta Goodrem was also amongst those who were judging the group.
In a marathon 4 hour session, not everything ran smoothly, with some technical problems with the keypads resulting in a switch for those who were doing the voting. Singers won Olympic-like scores, with high results charting over 8 out of 10 points.
TV Tonight hears some of those who wowed the audience included:
– Seth from Newcastle, who has a Matt Corby-like style that instantly won him many female fans,
– Ryan from Tamworth, a country boy in a singlet who sang Your Love is Lifting Me Higher,
– A New Zealander named Sean who sang Let’s Stay Together,
– 16yo Lucie “the baby of the group,”
– And a ‘nerd’ (apparently that term was used on the night) named Glenn who sang Sam Sparro.
Photo: File pic