Production begins this week on Channel Seven’s Beauty and the Geek Australia, a local adaptation of the US reality series.
Home and Away‘s Bernard Curry will host the series which premieres next month. He previously hosted Nine’s failed Monster House.
The network has finally revealed its prize for the series too: $100,000.
Curry, a ‘self professed geek’ said “I’m very interested in quantum mechanics and physics. I’ve read a fair bit about it and am fascinated by how deep it is. I’m looking forward to chatting to some of the guys about it.”
“People will love this show because of its warm-hearted centre. It’s about celebrating differences and Australia will identify with both the geeks and beauties because there’s a little bit of both in all of us.”
As in the US original, contestants will live together and enlighten each other as to their atitributes along the way. Namely, hooking up?
The beauties are:
* Elise, 20, hospitality worker and model from South Australia
* Emma, 22, model and event coordinator from NSW
* Hadassah, 22, spray tan technician from Queensland
* Jenna, 21, air hostess from Victoria
* Kate, 20, glamour model from South Australia
* Kimberley, 20, model from NSW
* Lisa, 20, make-up artist and sales assistant from South Australia
* Michelle, 18, meter maid from Queensland
The geeks are:
* Alan, 18, actuary student from Western Australia
* Corin, 28, synthetic organic chemist from Victoria
* Jeremy, 24, radio communications engineer from ACT
* Paul, 23, research economist and data analyst from ACT
* Peter, 28, forest pathologist and mycologist from Western Australia
* Nathan, 20, student teacher and comic book collector from Victoria
* Toby, 21, clinical ethics coordinator from Queensland
* Xenogene, 30, PhD student in mathematical foundations from NSW