Home Shopping infomercials join “Youth” channel GO!
GO! is now screening infomercials with for gut-busting abdominal exercisers instead of episodes of Gossip Girl and The Inbetweeners.
In another sign that Nine is diluting the GO! brand it began broadcasting Home Shopping today at 2am.
Nine had 2 hrs worth of infomercials today, whereas a week ago it played a movie.
The move is seen as a revenue raiser by Nine, as Home Shopping hardly fits with the channel’s pitch as a “youth channel.” Today it was selling gut-busting abdominal exercisers.
The move also effectively deletes late-night replays of youth-friendly shows such as Nip / Tuck, The Inbetweeners, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Gossip Girl.
At the same time, it airs Guthy-Renker Australia on Nine, demonstating a poor commitment to multichanneling options.
7TWO airs vintage AFL matches in the middle of the night.
Several TV Tonight readers have expressed their disappointment by the move, saying:
– It seems to me that the death of multi-channeling has come almost as quickly as it came. Go has become a shadow of it’s former self and it saddens me. In one sense it would have been better to have never experienced the convenience and choice of extra channels. At least without extra channels there’s less chance of having 2 shows on at the same time.
– ….according to the EPG there will no longer be any GO! repeats whatsoever for the 9:30pm or 10:30pm shows. only the 8:30pm shows will get 1 repeat at 1am and the daytime line up does not feature any of the primetime shows at all.
– Everyone who is disgusted by Infomercials coming to GO should jump onto their Facebook page and make your thoughts clear. Several comments already there about the subject.
– Home shopping is pathetic, GO! was the last refuge from this dross and the only decent late night offering on TV. I really hope they reverse this decision asap.
– ….I rely on their Early morning repeats of fringe and terminator because I can’t tape them at 830 pm due to lost!
Correction: TVSN is unrelated to Home Shopping content on GO! Apologies for any confusion.