Nine has already locked in its Election Night line-up, to be led by Laurie Oakes, who had the PM on the hop this week with his questions at the National Press Club.
The Election will take place on Saturday August 21st.
On election night 2010, as history is made, the Nine Network will give Australia the best results service on television, from the best team of journalists and commentators.
* Laurie Oakes, Lisa Wilkinson and Karl Stefanovic will lead Nine’s coverage Live from a new set in the tally room in the nation’s capital Canberra.
* Tracy Grimshaw will be reporting Livewith the Prime Minister, Julia Gillard.
* Peter Overton will be Live with the Leader of the Opposition, Tony Abbott.
* Liz Hayes will host a Live election evening event with Australia’s top political brains and opinion formers.
* Ben Fordham – Campaign Confidential. From Monday Ben will be on the Today Show each weekday, reporting all the behind-the-scenes news from Canberra and the campaign. Ben will also be reporting on how social networking is affecting the campaign, and keep our viewers up-to-date minute by minute via Twitter and NineMSN.
Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson proved their political prowess with 8.5 hours of Live television earlier this month as the “Spillard” unfolded on national morning television. Karl drove to Canberra at 2am to report from Parliament House, whilst Lisa was in studio with a host of guests dissecting all the breaking coverage as it unfolded.
Laurie Oakes, with over 40 years of experience in Canberra, showed yet again as recently as Thursday why he’s the best political journalist in Australia, with his bombshell question to the Prime Minister at her first address to the National Press Club.