With Australian sport and the AFL confronting an unprecedented drug and corruption scandal, 7 News will present a special this Thursday night featuring an expert panel to discuss the revelations that have rocked the football world.
As the fallout continues from the Australian Crime Commission report and an ASADA investigation into the Essendon Football Club, the 7 News ‘Drugs in Footy Summit’ will bring together the most influential voices in the AFL.
Hosted by Bruce McAvaney the panel will include:
· AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou
· Minister for Sport Senator the Hon Kate Lundy
· Victoria Police Deputy Commissioner Graham Ashton
· Essendon legend Tim Watson
· Brisbane Lions premiership coach Leigh Matthews
· Geelong premiership captain Cameron Ling
· Richmond footballer and AFLPA delegate Daniel Jackson
· AFLPA CEO Matt Finnis
· Former CEO of ASADA Richard Ings
Seven Melbourne Managing Director Lewis Martin said: “We’ve been told this is the darkest chapter in Australian sport and the AFL, but so many questions remain. And fans deserve some answers. Our panel of experts will delve into the facts and issues around this scandal to give viewers a clearer picture.”
This will air at:
Melbourne 8:45pm Seven.
Adelaide / Perth 11pm 7mate
Sydney / Brisbane 11:30pm 7mate
Please check local Guides.