SKY News yesterday was all over Kevin Rudd’s movements on the day he announced the election, with David Speers and Kieran Gilbert hosting from about 1:30pm until evening, including tracking the PM’s plane as it headed for Canberra.
There were cameras following him from the airport to Yarralumla and Parliament House, with reporters also on the hustings with Tony Abbott in Sydney.
SKY News had also offered a debate to take place in Sydney tonight which Rudd had accepted but appears unlikely to occur.
Meanwhile, SKY News has also reaffirmed its range of political commentary in the lead up to the September 7 election:
The award winning SKY News Political team including; Political Editor David Speers, Chief Political Reporter Kieran Gilbert, Helen Dalley, David Lipson, Laura Jayes and Tom Connell will provide the most comprehensive coverage in the lead up to September 7.
Joining them will be SKY News commentators Paul Murray, Chris Kenny, Peter Van Onselen and Graham ‘Richo’ Richardson who will ensure SKY News viewers have the most dynamic and in-depth analysis of our nation’s political news.
The team will be supported by the extensive SKY News network of bureaus in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Hobart, giving viewers access to the latest developments from the campaign trail as it moves across the country.
SKY News is also home to Australia’s largest line-up of political programming. All programs listed are in AEST:
· AM Agenda Monday to Friday at 8.30am Kieran Gilbert
· Lunchtime Agenda Monday to Friday at 1.30pm SKY News Political team
· PM Agenda Daily (except Friday) at 4pm David Speers
· Saturday Agenda Saturdays 8.30am and 1.30pm David Lipson
· Contrarians Fridays at 4pm and 8pm Peter Van Onselen
· Australian Agenda Sundays 8.30am and 1.30pm Peter Van Onselen
· Election 2013 Mondays at 8pm Helen Dalley
· Showdown Tuesdays at 8pm Peter Van Onselen
· Richo and Jones Wednesdays 8pm Graham Richardson & Alan Jones
· The Nation Thursdays at 8pm David Speers
· Friday Live Fridays at 9pm Chris Kenny
· Saturday Live Saturdays at 9pm Janine Perett
· Viewpoint Sundays at 8pm Chris Kenny
· Paul Murray Live Sunday to Thursday at 9pm Paul Murray
· NewsNight Monday to Thursday at 11pm Stan Grant
Today SKY News unveils The Election Channel – Australia’s only dedicated 24 hour political channel broadcasting all news conferences and policy announcements Live and airing replays of SKY News election programming viewers may have missed. The Election Channel will replace A-PAC and continue to be available on Channel 648 on Foxtel and online at www.a-pac.tv
SKY News Multiview will also provide Australia’s largest selection of political channels. At the touch of the red button, viewers can launch eight simultaneous split screens of video and text including two channels dedicated to the activity and movements of Kevin Rudd and Tony Abbott.
In addition to The Perrett Report, currently airing weeknights at 7pm on SKY News Business, Janine Perrett will anchor Saturday Live on SKY News National at 9pm, an expansion of the popular Paul Murray and Friday Live brand.
For the first time in SKY News history viewers will also be able to keep abreast of Election 2013 with a new offering of multi-platform viewing. Using the Foxtel Go App, SKY News will be free for all Australian’s during the campaign. The app is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPad mini and now Samsung Android tablets, smart phones and PC and Mac computers.
For those that can’t tune in, SKY News has also launched a dedicated webpage www.skynews.com.au/election and continues to keep social media users up to date with breaking political news via @SkyNewsAust and www.facebook.com/SkyNewsAustralia .
Full details of SKY News Election night coverage will be released closer to polling day.