Gogglebox returned to television screens last night, with two new families: the Silberry family and housemates Zina & Vivian.
Amongst the shows they reviewed were All Star Family Feud, Reno Rumble, My Kitchen Rules, Keeping Australia Alive, Territory Cops, The Secret Life of 6 Year Olds and the movie Pretty Woman. At least the show can’t be accused of pushing Pay TV titles…!
No surprises it also critiqued You’re Back in the Room. Several of the families were enthused about having a hypnotism show on TV, but there was a fair bit of disbelief about what they were viewing. No surprises Angie & Yvie hated the show (even reading negative tweets while the show aired -harsh!). Lee & Keith were far more into its vaudeville entertainment, but had to concede it went on too long.
Here are some of their quotes:
- I love you Daryl!
- I’ve never heard of Daryl.
- Where’s Plucka Duck?
- Disgusting taste in suits, apparently.
- No that’s acting. Bad acting.
- I hate this already.
- I don’t believe it.
- It’s entertaining, but I still find it hard to believe.
- Do you think Daryl walks off stage and says “I’m better than this?”
- Poor Daryl. Tragic.
- Maybe they will hypnotise us while we’re watching. To laugh.
- It’s getting annoying now.
- Am I on another planet?
- I don’t get it.
- The first part was hilarious, but it kept on going and going.
This episode will air at 8:30pm tonight on TEN.