Steven Moffat rejects suggestions he is “blocking” Torchwood revival
"I haven't blocked it," says Dr. Who showrunner. "It's not my show."
Oh lordy. pic.twitter.com/Ba936I4PZ3
— Jamie ✨ (@jamiecourtier00) September 11, 2016
Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has rejected suggestions that he is blocking a revival of Torchwood.
His response follows star John Barrowman speaking out and telling Radio Times, “I was told that there are some obstacles to overcome, and every time I tried to talk about a way around them, it was almost like there was another obstacle.
“And this is a personal thing for me, this is not anything that was discussed, but I find it really a little disheartening that a company like the BBC can’t just say ‘Put your egos aside, we’re gonna go forward with this.’”
But Moffat has since told Doctor Who News: “You may be aware that John Barrowman has been saying, publicly, that I’ve been blocking a new series of Torchwood. To be very clear – I haven’t blocked it; I wouldn’t block it; I wouldn’t even be ABLE to block it. I didn’t even know a revival had been mooted till I read about it on the Internet. As John perfectly well knows, it’s not my show and I could no more prevent it happening that he could cancel Sherlock. I am bewildered, and a little cross, even to be included in this conversation.
“For the record, I really liked the show (especially the third series) and would be very happy to see more – monsters and mayhem, why not? But the fact is, it has nothing to do with me. Please pass this on to the anxious and the angry – I’ve had enough hate mail now.”
Torchwood was created by Russell T. Davies.