Nine’s new “hilarious” series Travel Guides, featuring six groups of ordinary Aussies reviewing their holiday destinations, begins in mid February.
Narrated by Denise Scott, the series canvasses contrasting opinions, with “brutally honest and often outrageous reviews.” After sampling the accommodation, cuisine and local attractions each will rate their stay out of five stars.
The first episode sees all six couples in Tokyo.
Our travel guides are:
· Flight attendants Chrissy, Mon and Cath, three fun-loving friends. They’ve seen the world, but only if you count airports.
· Travel snobs Kevin and Janetta, a retired jet-setting couple from Victoria. When you’re used to flying up the pointy end, anything else is second best.
· Bargain hunters and restaurateurs the Fren family from Newcastle. They’ll stop at nothing to bag an upgrade and find the funny side of any holiday disaster.
· Hippie Queenslanders Matt and Monni, raring to go and spread “good vibes” around the globe.
· Big spenders the Rifais, a tight-knit family who agree on just one thing – that they disagree.
· Cowgirls and identical twins Mel and Stack. Look out, world, they’ve never left the country before!
Tuesday, February 14, at 9.00pm on Nine.