Good Gamers not happy social media accounts are closing
When a show is axed eventually the social media won't be maintained any longer. Good luck telling the fans.
They are a defiant bunch in the Good Game community.
Since their show was axed by ABC2 in early 2017 good gamers have continued to connect with each other and the show’s legacy through the Facebook page hosted by ABC.
But yesterday they were told that is closing too.
“We’ll finally be closing this Good Game page down at the end of the week,” ABC advised.
“We hope you’ll come follow us on our GGSP YouTube channel youtube.com/spawnpoint where we’re cramming in as much gaming as we can: Live streams, Quick Plays and heaps more.
“Thank you all for supporting GG over the years, we couldn’t have done any of it without you! Hopefully we’ll see you around the GGSP channel, if not, then until next time, may all your games be good ones!”
Good Game Spawn Point is the kid version of the long-running Good Game but many gamers are blaming it all on ABC cuts.
– “Rip. Will be missed. There goes all hope of a renewal. I however won’t be following spawn point, I would rather not contribute to videogames being focused on children.”
– “This page serves as a comprehensive archive — of the people, for the people — and to lose that would be a shame. I hope ABC TV will have the good sense to leave it stand as an enduring testament to what was a great television program.”
– “Blame the government cuts to ABC funding. Didn’t stop the reporting of their dodgy crap, but shut down a lot of favourite Aussie shows.”
– “Stop buying second rate TV Series from the UK and reinvest to local productions like “Good Game” which was the Best show of it’s type….!”
– “You guys are still awesome. Network television doesn’t have any vision about this. Keep us posted when you find your new platform.”
– “Lol were closing down everything because we need money for more propaganda stories”
– “Another TV show gone because of the greediness of the government that got to get their money somehow why not take it from the TV stations”
– “Will no longer be watching anything on the ABC. Miss you GG ❤️”
– “How about we close down spawn point, and bring back good game”
– “The budget really has hit ABC hard this year, all the quality content is going”
– “Bring back Junglist!”
Other social media accounts including Twitter and Instagram have already closed but YouTube continues.
7mate’s screenPLAY, hosted by former Good Game presenters Stephanie Bendixsen and Nich Richardson, was axed earlier this month citing commercial realities.