Seven, SBS and FOX Sports will partner with Twitter to offer video content on My Kitchen Rules Eurovision, AFL & NRL finals.
Twitter yesterday announced more than 50 premium content deals in the Asia-Pacific region.
“Content is happening now at Twitter, and we have proven through the efficacy of the partnerships we have crafted, that content programming and distribution on Twitter is an essential part of any media company’s audience engagement and content monetization strategies,” said Kay Madati, Global VP of Content Partnerships, Twitter. “Asia Pacific is accelerating growth for Twitter. Our unique and strategic value proposition that positions Twitter as a complement, not competitor to traditional media companies, has delivered great success and we seek to drive forward with more live stream and premium video content partnerships in the region.”
“The team at Twitter have been incredibly helpful extending our stories to other screens. We strongly believe in the organic relationship between Twitter and appointment viewing on linear or connected television. We create powerful stories people want to engage with and when they do, they often turn to Twitter. Twitter’s offering allows our clients and partners to leverage a highly engaging platform that really speaks to our communities. We have seen phenomenal engagement when talking directly to our Twitter fans and having a two way conversation through the likes of Armchair Experts, a format developed by 7Sport Production in collaboration with Twitter. The partnership with Twitter goes beyond content and commercial. Seven worked with Twitter’s global product teams to create a global first collaboration. For the first time, clients can access IVA (Instream Video Ads) across Channel 7 content categories providing a scalable brand safe, contextually targeted offering to both Twitter and Channel 7 partners and sponsors.” – Jonathan Munschi, Head of Commercial Product, Seven West Media.
“The partnership with Twitter is an exciting opportunity for VICE to reach even more audience across the region, pairing the power of the platform with our unique storytelling ability to lend a voice to the young people of Asia.” — Serene Lee, Head of Sales and Brand Partnerships VICE APAC
1. [LIVE] NBCUniversal: NBCUniversal (@ NBCUniversal) owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. Their partnership with Twitter will bring E!’s signature Live from the Red Carpet events as well as popular TV programming from @eonlineasia, @eonlineau and @DivaTVAsia to the platform
2. SBS Australia (@SBS): Whether it’s sports, entertainment, or lifestyle, SBS Australia is your front row ticket to premier events. In 2019, SBS Australia is partnering with Twitter to bring fans the best of Mardi Gras, Eurovision and major sporting events.
3. Sony Music: Music is one of the most talked about topics on Twitter, and music fans are one of the biggest communities on the platform. In a partnership with Sony Music, Twitter offers brands the chance to tap into this massive community, with custom content from APAC’s biggest stars, behind the scenes clips, and original content that’s on Twitter first. It all kicks off with award-winning artist @GuySebastian.
4. FOX SPORTS Australia (@FOXSportsAUS): FOXTEL and FOX SPORTS Australia, leaders in entertainment and sport, will bring fans on Twitter highlights from the NRL & AFL finals, followed by a huge October with A-League, Surfing & Supercars ahead of an action packed Australian summer on FOX CRICKET.
5. [LIVE] NRL (@NRL): Twitter has partnered with the NRL, one of the biggest sporting leagues in Australia, to bring fans premium Rugby League content from @NRL. Fans can catch weekly recaps, match previews, live content and insights from NRL talent, only on Twitter.
6. SEVEN WEST MEDIA: Seven West Media is one of Australia’s leading integrated media companies, with a market-leading presence in broadcast television, magazine and newspaper publishing and online. Channel 7 is the home of hit shows like My Kitchen Rules and House Rules, and also the home of the race that stops the nation, The Melbourne Cup. Twitter is excited to continue to grow the deep partnership with Seven West Media and will bring more content packages to the table in 2019 than ever before.
7. Bloomberg (@business): The partnership between Bloomberg and Twitter combines the credibility of Bloomberg’s global team of more than 2700 journalists and analysts with Twitter’s unrivalled speed and reach. With its expertise in Asian business news, data and analysis, Bloomberg connects influential audiences to real news, ideas and intelligence as no other source can. Across accounts including @BloombergAsia and @BloombergJapan, we’ve got Asia and the world covered. In-stream sponsorship packages include Top Stories of the Day, @Markets Highlights and the latest @technology news.
8. [LIVE] BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed): Together, Twitter and BuzzFeed have reshaped the delivery of news to a global millennial audience, including the successful only-on-Twitter LIVE weekday program AM2DM. BuzzFeed Editor in Chief, Ben Smith calls Twitter the ‘beating heart of news’. With the partnership extended to the region, BuzzFeed’s uniquely engaging content is available across Asia, providing the opportunity for brands to reach a younger, highly engaged audience. In-stream sponsorship packages include the hugely successful BuzzFeed brands @tasty, @nifty and @bringme.
9. DOMAIN (@domaincomau): Australians are obsessed with property and Domain is one of Australia’s most followed brand accounts. T he leader in Australian property information, Domain offers the latest market coverage that attracts qualified buyers, sellers, renters and investors. With an established editorial team who continue to lead the Australian property conversation, @domaincomau is partnering Twitter to showcase video highlights of every property need covered – whether its buying, selling or renovating.
10. VICE (@VICE): VICE is the world’s leading youth media company, building a deeply relevant, local presence across Asia Pacific through its Singapore HQ and multiple offices across the region. This partnership will bring a powerful new offering for audiences and brands alike, combining VICE’s compelling voice with Twitter’s immediacy and conversational power — delivering premium content to wherever young audiences are consuming news, culture and talking about what’s happening in their lives, at scale.