Angie Kent responds to criticism over I’m a Celebrity appearance

Eliminated I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here contestant Angie Kent has responded to recent comments from Foxtel’s Brian Walsh.

Last week Walsh told TV Tonight he was unhappy with the Gogglebox brand being used to sell another programme.

While he noted a post-show career was of their choosing he was disappointed with interview quotes around their fees. TV Tonight understands the casting caused some network rifts.

“I loved doing Gogglebox,” Kent today tells news.com.au.

“I gave up four years of my life — eight seasons. We brought home three Logies. If Brian wants to be disappointed with us going into the jungle, that’s his choice. I still very much love Gogglebox and will always support it, but I’m a big girl and I wanted to spread my wings. When I’m A Celeb popped up, I thought why the hell not do something that Gogglebox couldn’t offer me?” she said.

Her Gogglebox partner in crime Yvie Jones is one of the three finalists appearing in Sunday’s finale, filmed later today in Africa. Foxtel has indicated neither Jones nor Kent will feature in reviews by the remaining couch cast.

10 is already looking at further casting opportunities for some of its jungle cast.

6 Comments:

  1. I think it’s a bit rich of Gogglebox to complain about “exploitation of the Gogglebox brand to market and sell another program”, when by its very nature, Gogglebox “exploits” many other brands to sell their show. It is extremely petty of the Gogglebox producers to exclude reviews of Angie’s & Yvie’s appearance on “… Celebrity …”, just because they’re upset that the ladies have left the show. Hypocritical and poor form.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.