Hannah Gadsby’s Netflix special Nanette was recently nominated for a prestigious Peabody award in the US.
Set up by philanthropist George Foster in 1940, the awards seeks to reward ‘excellence on its own terms’ across a number of artistic disciplines. This year the Peabodys will honour legendary Rita Moreno.
Gadsby, currently appearing in the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, will compete against some serious competition including My Brilliant Friend, Killing Eve, The Americans and Pose.
Last month she received a Special Recognition by lobby group GLAAD Media Award, from the lobby group which highlights visibility in the US media.
Winners will be announced on April 18 with journalist Ronan Farrow as host.
These are the nominees in the Entertainment category:
· “Atypical” Sony Pictures Television for Netflix (Netflix)
· “Barry” HBO Entertainment in association with Alec Berg and Hanarply (HBO)
· “Hannah Gadsby: Nanette” Netflix (Netflix)
· “Homecoming” Universal Content Productions and Amazon Studios (Amazon Prime Video)
· “Killing Eve” Sid Gentle Films Ltd. for BBC AMERICA (BBC AMERICA)
· “My Brilliant Friend” HBO Entertainment in association with RAI FICTION, TIMVISION and Wildside, Fandango, and Umedia (HBO)
· “Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj” Netflix (Netflix)
· “Pose” Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions (FX Networks)
· “Random Acts of Flyness” HBO Entertainment in association with A24 and MVMT (HBO)
· “The Americans” Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions (FX Networks)
· “The Chi” SHOWTIME Presents, Fox 21 Television Studios, Kapital Entertainment, Verse, Freedom Road Productions, Hillman Grad Productions, Elwood Reid Inc. (Showtime)
· “The End of the F***ing World” Clerkenwell Films/Dominic Buchanan Productions for Channel 4 Television and Netflix (Netflix)
· “The Good Place” Universal Television, Fremulon and 3 Arts Entertainment (NBC)
· “This Close” Killer Films and Super Deluxe (SundanceNow)