Production on The Chase has been suspended to allow host Andrew O’Keefe to address ongoing personal and health issues.
It is the second time the show has halted filming in the last year, while production also wrapped in November, ahead of time. Filming was due to start in Melbourne this week but crew were told on Wednesday those plans were cancelled.
“Production on The Chase is to be held over for a couple of months,” Seven said in a statement.
“Andrew O’Keefe is taking time to manage and recover from a health issue.
“The Chase continues 5pm weekdays on Seven unaffected by this delay.”
O’Keefe has spoken about personal issues recently following an eight week break in April last year. he also toured a Johnny O’Keefe tribute show last year. Seven has been generous in accommodating time off requested for one of its biggest stars and most-consistent ratings shows.
The network maintains it has a stockpile of new episodes for viewers, screening 5pm weekdays.
Source: Herald Sun