Michelle Parsons, Kids Product Manager, said in a blog post, “Choice and control have always been important for our members, especially parents. We hope that these additional controls will help parents make the right choices for their families.”
Parents can now:
- PIN protect individual profiles to prevent kids using them;
- Tailor their kids Netflix experience by filtering out titles that are not appropriate for their age. We’ve built these filters using country ratings so they are more intuitive;
- Remove individual series or films by title. When this filter is used, the blocked title(s) won’t show up anywhere in that profile;
- Easily review each profile’s setting using the “Profile and Parental Controls” hub within account settings;
- See what their kids have been watching within the profile created for them; and
- Turn off auto play of episodes in kids profiles.
These can be actioned by going to account settings.