From Monday Nine News Melbourne is adding Coping With COVID – a series of special stories to help viewers get through the pandemic.
Coping With COVID will be your nightly survival guide to help you and your family navigate your way through the shutdown.
Each night we will cover a range of issues, from food to finance to fitness.
Medical reporter Emily Rice will present these stories on both our 4.00pm and 6.00pm daily bulletins.
We’ll feature a range of experts across a broad scope of topics to give you simple tips on how best to adapt to the unprecedented circumstances in which we find ourselves.
Among the topics to be covered are:
• Food – how to keep eating-in at home affordable and healthy, while reducing the number of trips to the supermarket.
• Money – how to keep living expenses down while in lockdown. We’ll look at ways to lower your spending on your mortgage, power and telecommunications.
• Fitness – with gymnasiums closed, we’ll show you the most user-friendly and affordable online fitness classes.
• Technology – how to stay connected to family and friends with the simplest social technology. Plus, we look at ways to improve your internet service: how much should you pay and how long should you have to wait for connection?
• Gardening – how you can start growing your own food, even in an apartment.
6pm nightly on Nine (Melbourne).