Coronation Street halted after actor tests positive

Production of Coronation Street was disrupted after an actor on the UK soap tested positive for coronavirus.

The Guardian reports the unnamed actor found out they had Covid-19 at the end of last week, affecting the shooting schedule and forcing adjustments to filming.

A spokesperson for ITV said, “We can confirm a member of the Coronation Street team has tested positive for coronavirus. The protocols we have in place for such an eventuality have been implemented and the individual is now self-isolating at home.”

Coronation Street is produced at ITV’s studios in Manchester, which is close to a number of recent London outbreaks. Filming with social distancing measures resumed in May.

The broadcaster said it did not believe anyone had been within two metres of the individual affected but as as a precaution the production team who were working with the individual have been notified.

“We believe the situation has been contained and filming continued on Monday,” they said.

Coronation Street screens in Australia on UKTV.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.