The Chase host Andrew O’Keefe has been charged by NSW police over an alleged domestic assault, according to media reports today.
News.com.au reports NSW Police said in a statement: “Just before 1am, officers from Eastern Beaches Police Area Command attended a Randwick unit, after reports a 41-year-old woman had allegedly been assaulted in a domestic violence related incident.
“Following inquiries, police arrested a 49-year-old man nearby about 3.30am.
“He was taken to Maroubra police station where he was charged with common assault (DV) and granted conditional bail to appear at Waverley Local Court on Thursday 4 February 2021.”
An interim apprehended violence order has also been granted on behalf of his rumoured partner Orly Lavee, which will be heard alongside the assault charge.
O’Keefe has previously taken time out from The Chase to deal with health problems. In 2019 he referred to his “annus horribilus” following a marriage breakdown.
The Chase relocated to Sydney for filming purposes during the pandemic, including primetime specials Beat the Chasers.
Meanwhile Seven has denied other reports he could be replaced by Rove McManus.
“Andrew O’Keefe has been a valued member of the Seven on-air family for many years and he continues to appear on air as host of The Chase Australia,” they said.
“The speculation about his future and alleged replacements is baseless, ill-informed and wrong.”
Seven West Media has been contacted for comment.