Home & Away extends production break
Seven soap takes precautions and works from home, not away.
Home & Away has been forced to extended its mid-year production break due to the ongoing COVID situation in Sydney.
The Daily Telegraph report producers told actors and crew on Saturday, as the NSW government increased lockdown restrictions.
Cast and crew had already been on a planned two-week shutdown break.
“With the ongoing COVID-19 related restrictions, Home and Away’s scheduled two-week production break has been extended as a precautionary response to the current pandemic,” a Seven spokesman said. “The health and safety of all Seven West Media employees is paramount.”
Last year the soap was also shut down for 2 months during the height of the pandemic but returned with safety protools including mask wearing, temperature checks on arrival, increased hygiene practices and rigorous cleaning schedules.
A mid-season finale screens on Thursday as the show breaks for the Olympics, but with shooting months ahead of broadcast there will be a stockpile of episodes.
Not anymore…they pulled us today.
— Shane Withington. (@ripperriver) July 17, 2021