#NineUpfronts 2022: live blog
Here's how Nine's 2022 Upfront presentation went down.
Nine’s 2022 Upfront presentation is now underway to media buyers.
Just hit refresh for new info. Full slate is published at 4:50pm.
- Begins with “Great Southern Land” and landscapes of Australia, vision of Nine shows and personalities. “We are Nine. Australia’s media company”
- Karl & Ally pay respects to Indigenous owners.
- Ally: “We can’t offer Barnsey but they’ve got us”
- CEO Mike Sneesby begins his first Upfronts, highlighting print, TV, radio & digital. “Our ideas, our passion and commitment… providing better outcomes for our commercial outcomes for people just like you….. we are Australia’s media company and we are where Australia connects.”
- Onto Nine News and flashes of the year that has been 2021. Shots of News presenters and journos.
- “Connect the Dots” is the theme this year, bringing together all the assets.
- Back to Karl & Ally spruiking print, TV and radio before Tory Maguire talks metro publishing & brands. Good Food Christmas on Nine in 2022.
- There are comments in the online sidebar from media buyers. “Where’s the After Party Karl?” “How important is diversity to Nine?” “Will Nine mandate vaccines?” “No one does it like Nine.”
- More on Nine brands Pedestrian, Gizmodo, Vice, Lifehacker, Refinery29.
- Onto Sport.. “more superstars, experts & insight.” Highlights of Aus Open, NRL, Cricket, Rugby Union etc. “In 2022 Nine is on the ball.”
- James Bracey & Roz Kelly talk Sport highlights and WWoS.
- Nine announces US Open rights… all 4 grand slams.
- Sarah Abo from 60 Minutes introduces data & identity to media buyers. This is the real ad stuff to clients, targeting devices. marketing automation… lots of buzzwords for those across it. Nine boasts access to 14m signed in Australians. Insights powered by Datorama… in my day it was Bananarama.
- “Good evening and welcome to Television,” from Bruce Gyngell …then a montage of news events, includes 9/11, bushfires, BLM, gay marriage… “I’ve been there… and never been more connected. Television. Still the One.”
- Sale boss talks 9NOW streaming minutes and BVOD sales. “Daily VOZ is now a thing” he reminds buyers.
- Regional TV sales: Clients can buy WIN ad time from July 2022 through one transaction.
- I know you’re just waiting for the new shows, yes? They are published at 4:50pm.
- Scott Cam is here to talk The Block “a match made in integration heaven.” “We are going bush” in 2022.
- Sophie Monk says more than 50,000 applied for Love Island “guilty pleasure TV” due shortly.
- Andy Lee talks The Hundred, continuing this year.
- MAFS is back says John Aiken.
- Hamish Blake talks Lego Masters. back in 2022.
- Snackmasters Poh Ying Leow, Scott Pickett, Yvie Jones.
- Lego Christmas in 2021.
- Celebrity Apprentice returns.
- Beauty & The Geek is back
- Parental Guidance in 2021 (no Jo Frost).
- Travel Guides are back (hope it’s international guys)
- Australian Ninja Warrior is “super charged”
- Melissa Doyle “joins Nine” as presenter of Australia Behind Bars
- Australia’s Missing Persons
- Country Home Rescue with Shaynna Blaze
- Million Dollar Murders
- Love Island Australia in 2021
- New drama: After the Verdict
- Underbelly: Vanishing Act looks at Melissa Caddick case.
- Back to Karl & Ally who tell us Kiss FM’s Wil & Woody and author Turia Pitt are into Celeb Apprentice.
- Onto Radio 3AW, 2GB etc.
- Presentation is still going, now with testimonials from clients…. a Q&A is coming.
- Powered by Nine for advertisers on cross-platform campaigns.
- Michael Stephenson chief sales boss hints to post-COVID ad climate and Nine powerhouse opportunities. “Let’s connect the dots and let’s make your brands famous.”
- Ally Langdon wraps formal proceedings but host the Q&A with CEO Mike Sneesby. Clients have sent in ads…. a good feature. CEO Mike Sneesby is asked about Diversity (will file this separately).
That’s a wrap! You can read the full release on site. Phew!
This post updates.