Returning: The Block
Tree Change cast is confirmed by Nine, two weeks ahead of the reno series return.
Nine has confirmed an airdate and cast for The Block: Tree Change as five new couples undertake the biggest site ever attempted on the show, in Gisborne South north west of Melbourne.
It launches on Sunday August 7, thirty minutes ahead of The Masked Singer return. Seven is yet to confirm if MKR will launch the same night.
The cast includes former Neighbours star Sharon Johal, however one couple exit just three days into filming.
The five couples who start on day one are:
- football player Joel Patfull (37) and influencer Elle Ferguson (38), based in Bondi;
- Tom Calleja (34) and social worker Sarah-Jane Wilson (30) from Melbourne;
- actress and lawyer Sharon Johal (34) and accountant Ankur Dogra (41), also from Melbourne;
- tradies Dylan Adams (29) and Jenny Heath (25) from the Gold Coast;
- and former professional rugby player Omar Slaimankhel (30) and building maintenance man Osman (Oz) Said (30) from Western Sydney.
The five city-slicker teams must each build a 500-square metre homestead and complete some 700 square metres of landscaping – adding tennis courts, pools and even a winery, on 10 acres of prime Aussie heartland per couple.
And in his 16th series of hosting The Block, Scott Cam will for the first time be building his own house, and be joined by a new cast member: Frankie, his loveable tan kelpie.
Scott will once again be joined by his series co-host, Shelley Craft, judges Shaynna Blaze, Neale Whitaker and Darren Palmer, as well as The Block’s formidable foremen duo – Keith Schleiger and Dan Reilly.
The houses in Tree Change will all have sustainability and resilience in mind, each having a seven-star energy rating, a solar farm, geothermal heating, and a wastewater recycling system.
The Block is Australia’s most successful renovation-reality program, this year marking 18 seasons on-air after rating in the top three most-watched reality shows on Australian television in 2021.
Sunday, August 7, at 7pm on Nine.