ASTRA Industry Awards: call for entries
Subscription TV ready to recognise its best in the fields of marketing, advertising and promotion.
While the ASTRA Awards are no more, the ASTRA Industry Awards -which recognise marketing, advertising and promotion creatives- continue.
Nominations are now open for TV channels, operators, production houses, media, advertising agencies and other creatives to submit.
“These awards recognise behind-the-scenes professionals whose talent drives the success of subscription television,” says ASTRA CEO Andrew Maiden. “They mastermind the bold and imaginative campaigns that set us apart as the most creative screen sector in Australia.
“Although they might not be household names, our winners are just as much responsible for the industry’s success as the famous faces with whom they work.
“Subscription TV was once an infant industry that mainly employed young people at the start of their careers. Twenty years on, many of them have stayed in the industry and are now reaching positions of leadership and responsibility. These are the people we encourage to nominate for our new categories for individual accomplishment.”
● Creative Professional of the Year (in a marketing or communications function)
● Television Professional of the Year (in a role other than creative, marketing or communications)
● Rising Star (outstanding individual aged under 30)
● Most Outstanding Advertising Campaign
● Most Outstanding On-Air Promotion
● Most Outstanding Off-Air Promotion
● Most Outstanding Social Media Campaign
● Most Outstanding Public Relations Campaign
● Most Outstanding Marketing Campaign under $50,000
● Most Outstanding Innovation (use of technology)
Entries close 4pm on Tuesday, May 10.
The awards will be presented on Thursday, July 28 in Sydney.