Loyal subscribers, you have been heard….
Foxtel has announced a new loyalty program offering rewards including movie and sports tickets, set visits, previews and money-can’t-buy experiences for its subscribers.
Foxtel First recognises the years of loyalty from its customers, regardless of the amount of spend.
Each level unlocks benefits based on four levels of continuous customer tenure: Bronze (0-3 years), Silver (3-8 years), Gold (8-15 years) and Diamond (15+ years). It is a free service available to residential customers with a set top box.
Current rewards, based on customer tenure, include:
· Experiences – tickets for sports events and cinema, a Foxtel First welcome gift along with competitions for money can’t buy experiences. This includes thousands of free tickets to Australia’s most popular sporting events this summer including Cricket, A-League and the Australian Grand Prix. And prize draws for experiences that only Foxtel can deliver such as an exclusive meet and greet for a family with the stars of Paw Patrol at Sea World including flights and accommodation.
· Viewing – exclusive on demand, advance access to some of Foxtel’s best drama, entertainment, movies, lifestyle and documentaries.
· Product – more value from Foxtel with exclusive offers on services such as free Multiroom set up and discounted iQ4 set up.
· Service – the best service and overall experience from Foxtel with a free Foxtel iQ4 set up and priority customer service.
CEO Patrick Delany told TV Tonight, “There were a couple of goals when I first came into the job. The strategy of Foxtel is very much that our current customers are where the wealth of the company is.
“The ones who were there when I first came to the company in 2004 have been very, very loyal to us and stayed. Through the years we’ve offered inducements for new customers to come, and the constant rallying cry -either when we stuff something up which we do from time to time, or when there is a new offer- is ‘I’ve been with you for 15 years, and you do bugger all for me.’
“This just seemed the right thing to do.”
Foxtel First has been developed around a similar rewards system by SKY UK, and has been beta-tested locally to help determine what Australians want and how they wanted it delivered. Research indicated newer customers valued rewards based on tickets, experiences and Foxtel shows, while longer tenure customers saw the latest technology and priority service as more appealing.
Rewards will be based on a “first come first served basis” and a “fair use” policy will apply to ensure a spread of rewards amongst customers.
Tickets will also be offered to various events on a national basis.
“When it comes to tickets places like Perth & Adelaide will get more than their fair share compared to Sydney & Melbourne,” said Delany.
Foxtel First is available through the My Foxtel app or via My Account which gives customers a direct and personalised experience with Foxtel. It’s simple and free to join and allows instant access to available rewards. On joining, customers can immediately enjoy a Foxtel Store Movie as a welcome gift and can see their Foxtel First membership tier based on the length of time they’ve been with Foxtel.
Other experiences available from launch through Foxtel First competitions include:
· Passes to see Alice Cooper at his Sydney concert plus a meet and greet with the rock star himself together with flights and accommodation.
· Double passes to watch the Australian Grand Prix from a fully catered corporate suite and an opportunity for a meet and greet with the drivers.
· Walk the red carpet at the 2019 AACTA Awards with VIP Treatment, professional hair and make-up styling, and tickets to the ceremony and after party.
· A private dining experience at The Great Australian Bake Off’s Matt Moran’s Chiswick restaurant for you and ten friends including a tour of the kitchen and garden with Matt.
· Visit the Wentworth set for a behind the scenes tour and meet the stars of the show.
· A home styling experience with Selling Houses Australia’s Shaynna Blaze with a dedicated shopping budget to spend on a new look for your home.
Subscribers with Foxtel from Telstra are able to access Telstra’s loyalty program.