Organisers confirm rehearsal for Closing Ceremony took place
Plot thickens on Johanna Griggs' tirade as organisers confirm a dress rehearsal -with cameras.
The Closing Ceremony saga took another turn yesterday after Nine News revealed a limited Dress Rehearsal did take place on Sunday with cameras.
A statement by GOLDOC to Nine confirmed:
- Due to transition from Athletics to Closing Ceremony there were limitations on being able to conduct a full Dress Rehearsal as is done with the Opening Ceremony.
- Individual segments were rehearsed off site in the lead up to the event.
- There was a limited run through on the Sunday afternoon, prior to the broadcast time.
- The host broadcaster rehearsed cameras as part of the rehearsal.
- Rights holders were allowed to view the rehearsal.
- Similar to the Opening Ceremony there were opportunities for rights holders to incorporate elements of the pre-show in their programming.
- There (were) no embargoes in place post 5:30pm on Sunday.
Some of the points confirmed by GOLDOC contradict statements by Johanna Griggs, including that they were embargoed from including earlier content. The embargo actually applied to the details in the media guide from 8:30pm, in order to keep elements of the ceremony secret.
Griggs and Basil Zempilas also said there was no rehearsal of the Closing Ceremony but GOLDOC confirms rights holders could have attended the limited Dress Rehearsal on Sunday afternoon.
Seven is yet to respond to requests for interview.
— Johanna Griggs AM (@JohGriggs7) April 17, 2018