HYBPA? finale tops entertainment, Seven wins Monday.

Ratings: Seven and ABC battled it out from 7:30pm, then Seven and 10 from 8:30pm.

The season finale of Have You Been Paying Attention? was the top entertainment show last night, wrapping up another strong year for the show, with 810,000 viewers.

It topped the demos and was well in front of ABC’s Princess Margaret doco on 585,000, Media Watch (from 9:20pm) God Friended Me (from 9pm), a movie on Nine and 24 Hours in Emergency on SBS.

At 7:30pm Bride & Prejudice led with 687,000 just ahead of 7:30 on 675,000. Australian StoryThe Secret Life of 4 Year Olds, Family Food Fight and Child Genius followed.

Seven News, ACA and The Chase won their usual slots.

Seven network won Monday with 29.1% then Nine 24.3%, ABC 19.9%, 10 19.6% and SBS 7.1%.

Seven News was #1 for Seven with 985,000 / 958,000 then Bride & Prejudice (687,000), Home & Away (616,000), The Chase (580,000 / 354,000), God Friended Me (460,000) and Yummy Mummies (160,000 / 122,000).

Nine News (914,000 / 901,000) led for Nine then A Current Affair (800,000), Hot Seat (469,000 / 287,000), Family Food Fight (433,000) and movie: Casino Royale (260,000).

ABC News (703,000), 7:30 (675,000), Australian Story (632,000), Princess Margaret: The Royal Rebel (585,000), Media Watch (556,000), Q&A (409,000) and Doctor Who (209,000) comprised ABC’s night.

Have You Been Paying Attention? (810,000) led for 10 then The Secret Life of 4 Year Olds (519,000), The Project (469,000 / 267,000), 10 News First (388,000) and How to Stay Married rpt (340,000). Pointless was 206,000 and Sports Tonight was 109,000.

On SBS it was 24 Hours in Emergency (179,000), Child Genius (171,000), The Doctor Who Took Kids off Drugs (143,000) and SBS World News (127,000).

9GO!’s Big Bang was best on multichannels at 201,000.

Sunrise: 264,000
Today: 236,000
News Breakfast: 114,000 / 45,000

OzTAM Overnights: Monday 19 November 2018

16 Responses

  1. Working Dog productions have done well with HYBPA and I reckon working Dog should bring back “Thank God You’re Here again, that was a awesome show back in the day on TEN so why not bring it back in 2019 ????

        1. I’ll be watching too, but we are about 8 eps behind. The Connors starts this Thursday, but Roseannes numbers weren’t that great. At least 10 has alot of new (remake) shows on thou at present.

  2. Not a great night for Ten given they had HYBPA winning but still coming in fourth for the evening. Both Nine and Ten’s programming were stacked for their reality programs and lack depth to compete with Seven for the final 2 ratings weeks of the year…no wonder why more people are going to Netflix/Stan/Amazon prime. Looks like Nine and Ten have just waved the white flag in November and gone to summer programming early.

    1. What a shockingly ill informed comment? I think wins in all demographics are hardly white flags for TEN.
      I’m sure 7 are thrilled the old folks homes drag them over the line with their dedication to old school news

      1. Yep I think TEN would take heart at those figures myself, in the demos 2, 2 and 3 programs in the Top 5, 10 Boss on 4.4% tying with 7TWO and in totals 0.3% behind the ABC and 4.7% behind Nine with 3 Channels compared to 4 for the others.

        Sure 10 Peach under performed on 1.8% however it still needs a lot of work in the scheduling, I’m not sure Frasier before Neighbours is a good fit and then 3 episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond after and before 2 episodes of The Flash and then Supernatural. It’s supposed to be positioning itself as for a young adult audience and not sure that cuts the mustard, only old sitcom that fits with that demo they’re after is Will & Grace really. Basically CBS seem to be saying it’s their CW channel but not quite doing it yet, I guess already in place licensing of show agreements are in the way for that, however they really need the other DC shows to go…

      2. I think you will find that 7 will win the key demographics for the year and no I am not a 7 employee. Ten is getting beating by the ABC. Whether 9 or 10 like it or not they have lost to 7 in the ratings surveys for 12 consecutive years

      1. While Ten have struggled in total people shares this year, having arguably the second weakest FTA depth across a nightly schedule…

        They’ve done very well (at times) in the demographics, regularly #1 or in top 5, even winning nights in the demographics (main channel though not overall network).

        So agree credit where credit is due.

      2. I don’t work for seven…just pointing out that nine and ten have left viewers with average programming choices in the second half of November and the viewers have switched off accordingly

Leave a Reply