Gavin & Stacey’s Christmas Special has topped the UK ratings for Christmas Day.
Family viewing remains a very big deal at Christmas time in the UK and the 10 year reunion absolutely trumped the competition, with 11.6m viewers.
That was well ahead of The Queen’s Christmas Broadcast -across multiple broadcasters- at 7.85m viewers.
1. Gavin and Stacey (BBC One) – 11.6m
2. The Queen’s Christmas Broadcast (BBC One, ITV, Sky) – 7.85m
3. Strictly Come Dancing (BBC One) – 5.49m
4. EastEnders (BBC One) – 5.47m
5. Michael McIntyre (BBC One) – 5.25m
6. Call The Midwife (BBC One) – 5.23m
7. Mrs Brown’s Boys (BBC One) – 4.63m
8. Coronation Street (ITV) – 4.48m
9. Emmerdale (ITV) – 4.11m
10. Finding Dory (BBC One) 3.99m
Gavin & Stacey’s Christmas Special screened in Australia on ABC Comedy last night.