Love Island UK host steps down

Love Island UK host Caroline Flack has stood down from the show after being charged with assault.

Police were called to her home last week, where she lives with her partner, tennis player Lewis Burton.

She was bailed and will appear before magistrates on Monday.

“There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations into my personal life,” she said on Instagram.

“While matters were not as have been reported, I am committed to working with the authorities and I can’t comment further on these matters until the legal process is over.”

She added, “However, Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it’s the best show on telly.

“In order not to detract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is stand down for series six. I want to wish the incredible team working on the show a fantastic series in Cape Town.”

Flack began presenting Love Island in 2015, having fronted The X Factor alongside Olly Murs, and winning Strictly Come Dancing.

An ITV spokesperson said: “ITV has a long-standing relationship with Caroline and we understand and accept her decision.

“We will remain in contact with her over the coming months about future series of Love Island.

ITV is yet to announce a host for their first winter series of Love Island, to film in Cape Town.

Love Island UK screens in Australia on 9Now. In addition to bumper ratings the show has also been surrounded in controversy following the deaths of two ex-cast members.

Source: BBC

Comments are closed.