No ban on Guy & Delta, says Nine.
Nine claims The Voice coaches were not asked to interviews on Seven & Foxtel broadcasts.
Nine has denied suggestions it blocked Delta Goodrem and Guy Sebastian from doing chats with Seven and Foxtel presenters during Sunday’s Fire Fight Australia concert.
Multiple sources tell TV Tonight requests to interview both Sony artists during the broadcast had been denied by Nine.
Sunday’s broadcasts, with separate hostings by Seven & Foxtel, included interviews with Alice Cooper, kd lang, Olivia Newton-John, Adam Lambert, 5 Seconds of Summer, Jessica Mauboy, Michael Buble, Amy Shark, Tina Arena, Ronan Keating and more.
But neither of The Voice coaches appeared beyond their stage performances.
Nine Director of Communications and Public Relations Victoria Buchan told TV Tonight, “No, we didn’t get asked. They are under contract to us right now for The Voice 2020 but we allowed them to do the concert. We never got asked about interviews.
“I think someone is being petty, but that’s not us. It was an amazing event and so brilliantly put together we should all be celebrating the success of it, the money raised the goodwill created and the opportunity to celebrate and thank those who have suffered so much this summer.”