Lucy Zelic, Nick Stoll depart SBS.
"It has been an extraordinary privilege," says football presenter after nearly 8 years at SBS.
SBS football presenter Lucy Zelic last week announced her departure from the broadcaster after nearly 8 years.
It follow SBS announcing the closure of its football site The World Game after nine years.
In a statement she said, “I have so many fond memories that I have collected along the way from hosting both a women’s and men’s World Cups, the Champions League, Premier League, and A-League to witnessing our national teams in action and then presenting for World News Australia. It has been an extraordinary privilege that I’ve never taken for granted as was working alongside legendary icons like Les Murray and Craig Foster.”
She added, “Most importantly, I am grateful that I was able to experience everything while staying true to myself and the way I observe the game. Ever since I was a little girl I’ve always loved everything football represents both on and off the field. So I am forever indebted to SBS management for the opportunity to honour causes so close to my heart.”
— Lucy Zelić (@LucyZelic) June 4, 2021
Last week football journalist Nick Stoll also announced he had joined Optus Sport after 6 years with SBS.
Comunicado Oficial: I'm very excited to join the great @OptusSport team ahead of their Euros and Copa America coverage. Been a big admirer of their work from afar and can't wait to work with @davidweiner9, @Jakeros95, @RSBayliss and the team to bring you these tournaments ⚽️❤ pic.twitter.com/U2GHirQsU8
— Nick Stoll (@NickStoll) June 1, 2021