Mike Munro signs to Sunday Night

Mike Munro has been confirmed to co-host Seven’s new current affairs show, Sunday Night.

News Limited says he has signed for one year while the female co-host role is being battled out between Chris Bath and Natalie Barr.

Sunday Night will premiere next month at 6.30pm (as tipped here) and not against 60 Minutes at 7.30pm.

Charging out of Seven News it will allow Seven to undermine 60 Minutes without going head to head with it and potentially losing.

Munro announced his retirement from Nine last year after years with the network, saying “I don’t think I’ll retire completely retire. I’ll still do a bit of charity work and volunteer, public speaking and things like that.

“David Gyngell’s been very good about asking me to come back and continue Missing Persons Unit which is still going to air,” he said.

“I guess it’s just being able to say that you’ll semi-retire, get your Super money and then decide what you might do.”

Narrating Missing Persons Unit for Nine would now seem unlikely.

Chris Bath is facing unexpected resistance from Seven executives who are trying to preserve her value to the evening news team in Sydney. Currently its newsreader on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays she is tipped to take over from Ian Ross at the end of the year.

Munro , a former 60 Minutes reporter himself, it is probably a blessing the new show isn’t going up against his old programme. He isn’t the only Nine name to join the new Seven project with former Sunday reporter Ross Coulthart also on board.

Widely considered a nice bloke in the biz, Munro will start at Seven on February 1 – a perfect night to start the show, given it is also the Men’s final at the Australian Open.

Source: news.com.au

52 Comments:

  1. Hi Mike, Glad to see you are bringing to peoples attention all the wroughts that we are currently finding out about this Govt. I think Rudd and Gilliard are treating the Australian people with comtemp and look to me like are Dictators. All their failuers are starting to come out and the debt we are in now after receiving a healthy surplus from the Howard Govt. (Libs). Not one portfolio is up to the mark. Sorry to say that.
    Cant wait to see the end of them.
    Keep up the good work mate………..Regards Brian

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.