A second international broadcaster supposedly picked to assess the ABC’s Tony Jones and Kerry O’Brien has pulled out.
BBC broadcaster David Dimbleby had already been reported as withdrawing from the review, and Canadian Peter Mansbridge has joined him.
“[Mansbridge] withdrew from the review the same day as David Dimbleby, last Friday,” a spokesman for CBC-TV said early this morning.
“He hasn’t reviewed anything or for that matter received anything to review. Nor, by the way, was any remuneration asked for or offered.”
On Monday, Media Watch’s presenter, Jonathan Holmes, said the latest attempt at self-regulation had “raised eyebrows.”
Source: The Age