Australian writer Sarah Dollard has written “Face the Raven,” episode 10 of the new Doctor Who series.
She is believed to be the first Aussie to write an episode since Anthony Coburn (1963) and Bill Strutton (1965).
“Getting to play in the Doctor Who toy box is a dream come true. It’s a total honour to contribute to a show that has brought me such joy as a fan. However, writing for Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman has presented a serious problem: some days I’ve been too excited to actually sit down and type!” she said.
Dollard has written for Being Human, The Game, Merlin, Neighbours and The Saddle Club.
The episode sees the return of Joivan Wade as Rigsy, the young graffiti artist who helped save the world in Flatline.
The BBC has now confirmed all 12 titles for season 9.
1. The Magician’s Apprentice (Steven Moffat)
2. The Witch’s Familiar (Steven Moffat)
3. Under the Lake (Toby Whithouse)
4. Before The Flood (Toby Whithouse)
5. The Girl Who Died (Jamie Mathieson and Steven Moffat)
6. The Woman Who Lived (Catherine Tregenna)
7. The Zygon Invasion (Peter Harness)
8. The Zygon Inversion (Peter Harness)
9. Sleep No More ( Mark Gatiss)
10. Face The Raven (Sarah Dollard)
11. Heaven Sent (Steven Moffat)
12. Hell Bent (Steven Moffat)
Episodes 1 and 2 have been paired as a two parter, as have episodes 3 and 4, 7 and 8, and 11 and 12.
Aussie director Daniel Nettheim helms episodes 7 and 8.
‘The Magician’s Apprentice’ will air this Sunday at 7.40pm on ABC and is available on Sunday morning via iview.
Meanwhile BBC has launched The Doctor Who Game Maker, allowing fans to create and share their own adventures in time and space. It gives users the chance to manipulate the Doctor Who universe like never before, creating their own action-packed games featuring the Doctor, Clara, and a huge range of other heroes, monsters and worlds from the series.