Australian Directors’ Guild Awards 2018: winners
Winners included Wentworth, Sunshine, Rosehaven & Home and Away.
Wentworth, Sunshine, Rosehaven and Home and Away were amongst wins at the Australian Directors’ Guild Awards in Melbourne last night.
Director Fiona Banks won two awards for Best Drama Series and Best Children’s Drama.
Actor / Director Simon Baker won the Feature Film award for his feature directorial debut Breath.
The awards were hosted by Susie Youssef at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins.Presenters included Kat Stewart, Xavier Samuel, Adam Elliot and Michala Banas.
Director / Cinematographer Ray Argall was the recipient of the Cecil Holmes Award.
TV winners are in bold.
BEST DIRECTION OF A TV OR SVOD DRAMA SERIES
• Fiona Banks for Wentworth (Series 5, Episode 5)
• Geoff Bennett for Wolf Creek (Series 2, Episode 5)
• Peter Andrikidis for Pulse (Series 1, Episode 7)
• Shannon Murphy for Sisters (Series 1, Episode 5)
BEST DIRECTION OF A TV OR SVOD MINI SERIES
• Daina Reid for Sunshine
• Glendyn Ivin for Seven Types of Ambiguity
• Kriv Stenders for Wake in Fright
• Matthew Saville for Friday on My Mind
• Michael Jenkins for Blue Murder: Killer Cop
BEST DIRECTION OF A TV OR SVOD DRAMA SERIAL
• Chris Adshead for Neighbours Episode 7562
• Danny Raco for Home and Away Episode 6756
• Geoffrey Nottage for Home and Away Episode 6597
• Kath Hayden for Neighbours Episode 7726
BEST DIRECTION OF A TV OR SVOD COMEDY PROGRAM
• Ben Chessell for The Family Law (Series 2, Episode 2)
• Jonathan Brough for Rosehaven (Series 2, Episode 4)
• Sian Davies for True Story with Hamish & Andy (Episode “Phil”)
• Trent O’Donnell for The Letdown (Series 1, Episode 5)