Longtime Seven publicist Susan Wood has departed the network after 17 years.
From 2003 – 2020 she was Network Director of Publicity, overseeing artist management, program launches, upfronts -and even network crises- including for My Kitchen Rules, Home & Away, Seven News, Sunrise, The X Factor, Dancing with the Stars, Packed to the Rafters, The Chase, Olympics, Commonwealth Games, AFL, Australian Open, Good Friday Appeal and more.
This concludes her third term with Seven having first joined the network from regional TV and Crawford Productions.
For the past 17 years she has worked under 4 CEOs including David Leckie, Tim Worner and James Warburton.
Last year James Warburton restructured Seven management with Charlotte Valente as Chief Marketing Officer and from February Julia Lefort as Director of Corporate Affairs and Publicity, when Wood returned to Melbourne.
Susan Wood told TV Tonight, “It’s been a conscious uncoupling. The time is right with the team in such good shape, to draw a line under the last 17 years, which have been tremendous fun.”
CEO James Warburton said in a statement, “Susan Wood has left the business after 17 incredible years, during which time she significantly contributed to the brand reputation of Seven, its successful programs and artists.
“Susan more recently moved into a part-time consulting role with Seven focused on a number of specific projects, for which she may provide periodic support in the future.”