Broadcasting and Production will be able to continue in Victoria under Stage 4 restrictions.
The following industries will be allowed to remain open with a COVID-Safe Plan:
- Telecommunications services
- Newspaper and magazine publishing
- Radio broadcasting
- Television broadcasting
- Internet publishing and broadcasting
- Internet Service Providers, Web Search Portals and Data Processing Services
- Production, broadcast and distribution of telecommunication and supporting infrastructure required to support critical functions, such as law enforcement, public safety, medical or other critical industries and where it cannot be undertaken virtually.
- Screen production.
The following businesses will be closed for on-site work:
- Book Publishing
- Directory and Mailing List Publishing
- Other Publishing
- Software Publishing
- Motion Picture and Sound Recording Activities
- Library and Other Information Services
Current production in Victoria includes news programmes, Neighbours, Wentworth, The Masked Singer, Mad as Hell, Have You Been Paying Attention? The Project, News Breakfast, Insiders, Junior MasterChef and more.
Victorian restrictions are in place for 6 weeks from 11:59pm Wednesday.