Airdate: Carols by Candlelight 2018
Marina, Denis Walter, Silvie, Dami -but no Hi-5 for 2018 Carols.
Nine has confirmed its line-up for Carols by Candlelight on Christmas Eve.
David Campbell and Sonia Kruger return to host live from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.
Amongst favourites and guest performers there is the notable absence of Hi-5 which this year saw cast departures, production office moving off-shore and questions over the troupe’s future.
The line-up also includes Christie Whelan-Browne, currently the subject of a defamation suit by Craig McLachlan and now Nine-owned newspapers.
· Singing sensation Dami Im
· Vocal powerhouse Casey Donovan
· Multi-award-winning country star Adam Harvey
· The cast of the hit musical School of Rock
· From the musical Evita, Tony Award winner Paulo Szot, Kurt Kansley and Michael Falzon
· Jersey Boys, putting their own stamp on a Christmas classic
· Show-stopping performances from Tim Campbell and Anthony Callea
· Two of the biggest stars from stage and screen, Lucy Durack and Christie Whelan-Browne
· Rob Mills lighting up the Music Bowl
· The Voice 2018 finalist Aydan Calafiore
· TV and pop star Bonnie Anderson and Top Ten recording artist Nathaniel
· Beau Woodbridge, son of Australian tennis great Todd Woodbridge, performing
· Carols perennials Marina Prior, Denis Walter, David Hobson and Silvie Paladino, without whom Christmas Eve wouldn’t be the same
· A special visit from the big man himself, direct from the North Pole
All under the baton of music maestro John Foreman AM, assisted by Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight choirmaster Doug Heywood OAM.
Plus, performances from the Australian Girls Choir and the National Boys Choir under the artistic direction of Peter Casey, who is celebrating 51 years with this wonderful event.
Carols by Candlelight presented by Priceline Pharmacy is Vision Australia’s largest annual fundraiser, with 100 per cent of profits from ticket sales and donations going towards services for children who are blind or have low vision. This year their Carols by Candlelight Matching Appeal aims to make Christmas four times brighter by having all donations quadrupled in a 24-hour period over Christmas.
8pm Monday on Nine.