Yvie Jones on Gogglebox exit: “We were losing money”
"Restrictive" conditions and a location fee only, meant other opportunities were turned down.
Former Goggleboxer Yvie Jones has spoken again about her decision to leave the show with friend Angie Kent.
She told the Herald Sun, “We couldn’t endorse anything, we couldn’t tag anyone (on social media), there were no affiliations.
“I respect that, but cover us financially.
“There’s no appearance fee for being on the show, they don’t pay you — you get a location fee. Your house gets the fee. We were losing money.
“We were getting offers we weren’t able to take. It was extremely restrictive. It would have been fine had we been remunerated.”
Jones has been a regular on Studio 10 and is about to fill in for Fifi Box on Fox FM radio. She was also runner-up on I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. Various other appearances have included Sunday Night Takeaway & Celebrity Name Game while Angie Kent will be the next Bachelorette.
Foxtel has kept the cast on a tight leash in order to keep the cast as low key as possible, due to the show’s common-man premise.
Earlier this year Foxtel Executive Director of Television Brian Walsh said he was disappointed to read a press interview by the duo, telling TV Tonight “… I was incredibly disappointed that they were critical of Foxtel and the appearance fee money we paid them to do Gogglebox. I thought that was unfair, unnecessary and unwarranted.”
Both Jones & Kent left the Foxtel / 10 series with nothing planned.
“Had we known how much was out there and how wanted we were, we probably would have left a lot earlier,” she continued.
“Saying that, we still miss Gogglebox. We still wish we could be a part of it. It’s such a shame we couldn’t come to some kind of agreement.”