Ninja winning streak continues for Nine

Australian Ninja Warrior enjoyed another winning night last night with 868,000 for the last of its Heats, and it topped the demos for Nine.

MasterChef Australia followed at 649,000 then House Rules (609,000) and 7:30 (496,000).

Stargazing: Moon & Beyond drew 359,000 for ABC at 8pm.

Nine network won Tuesday with 30.1% then Seven 29.2%, 10 18.1%, ABC 14.3% and SBS 8.3%.

Nine News (921,000 / 892,000) was best for Nine. A Current Affair drew 787,000 then Hot Seat (499,000 /  323,000) and Murder Lies and Alibis (405,000).

Seven News was #1 with 1.11m / 105m for Seven then Home and Away (700,000), The Chase (635,000 / 374,000), Andrew Denton: Interview (439,000) and True Stories (241,000).

The Project  was 478,000 / 273,000 for 10 then 10 News First (382,000), Body Hack (279,000), Celebrity Name Game (219,000) and NCIS (139,000).

ABC News (624,000), Fly Me to the Moon (290,000), The Drum (190,000) and a late Ask the Doctor (143,000) comprised ABC’s other shows.

On SBS it was Chasing the Moon (188,000), SBS World News (147,000) and Black Hole Hunters (128,000).

Bluey was back on top of multichannels at 189,000.

Sunrise: 270,000
Today: 195,000
News Breakfast: 101,000 / 43,000

OzTAM Overnights: Tuesday 16 July 2019.

9 Comments:

    • I have a theory (based on personal feeling) that people under 50 cannot remember a time when space travel was not a normal part of life. Therefore, this anniversary is not as dramatic to them, than for those who can remember the event and the life before. I might be wrong, but there must be some people other than me who are not really interested. Add to those the people who believe that poverty on earth should be addressed before wasting money trying to go to Mars, and the viewing audience is reduced.

  1. Would TVT ever update these shares to be shares of all TV viewing, not just live FTA viewing?

    Live FTA viewing miscount count f9r say only 60% of nightly viewing now, approx. The other 40% would be Foxtel, Fetch, STV, Netflix, Stan, Amazon, Catch up etc.

    So while “Nine Network” (of 9, (Gem, 9Go!, 9Life) ,ay have had 30.1% of all Live TV viewing, it really only had about 18% of all viewing on that night.

    The landscape has changed and Live FTA is an ever decreasing share of viewing – soon its ill be under 50% – bit it is still reported as if it is 100%\

    I also think “Nine network” working should be more something like the “Nine network of channels” – but I know I’m splitting hairs

    • Sʟᴏᴏᴘ Jᴏʜɴ V

      That would be up to OzTam to supply to David, as David has said a few times on here his hands are tied to what OzTam allow him to report. Hence why the Top 20 is only a Top 20, he can’t report further in that format and why he does outside of that here, which is also from what I understand is balancing on the the line as is.

      Back in 2011 David had to change the format (link in that article explains even more): https://tvtonight.com.au/2011/11/oztam-ratings-return-to-tv-tonight.html

      Basically OzTam is a business that also has subscribers to the data they collect and to keep that base they only allow a certain amount to be accessed for free to which they answered here in 2016:

      https://tvtonight.com.au/2016/08/oztam-answers-your-ratings-questions.html

      • That still excludes any “competition” is STV, Stan Netflix etc.

        As long as the reporting agency (Oztam) is owned by the networks they will continue to pretend the competition does not exist and exclude 40% of viewing

        • Sʟᴏᴏᴘ Jᴏʜɴ V

          As one of the links I put up from TVT above contains:

          “As part of OzTAM’s formal governance processes, the ABC and SBS, Media Federation of Australia (MFA), Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA), and Australian Subscription Television and Radio Association (ASTRA) have observer status at OzTAM board meetings.

          OzTAM has an independent auditor, responsible for ensuring OzTAM’s panels perform to specification. We also adhere to strict operational protocols put in place with the approval of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and which reinforce OzTAM’s independence.”

          So all the people who want ratings reported are covered, I am sure if Netflix, Stan and Amazon Prime wanted ratings to report what they’re viewing is they they to would be observers on the board as it would have to covered with the ACCC.

          Really given the ACCC monitor OzTam for…

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.