Star Trek Day streaming, Fed Square fan event.
Live-streaming celebrations in September plus Augmented Reality Delta Portals in Melbourne.
Paramount+ marks Star Trek Day with live-streaming celebration, in Australia from Friday, 9 September at 5am AEST*.
Australian Star Trek fans can also experience the Augmented Reality Delta Portals from Thursday, 8 September to Friday, 9 September in the Federation Square atrium in Melbourne.
Live from the Skirball Cultural Centre in Los Angeles, Calif., Star Trek Day will feature back-to-back, in-person conversations with cast members from the Star Trek Universe, along with exciting announcements and reveals throughout. Fans worldwide will be able to live-stream the Star Trek Day celebration for free at StarTrek.com/Day and on YouTube (Paramount+ and Star Trek Official pages), Facebook (@StarTrek), Twitter (@StarTrekonPPlus) and TikTok (@ParamountPlus).
On September 8, 1966, Star Trek debuted for the first time on television with The Man Trap, the pilot episode of Star Trek: The Original Series. On that day, Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry introduced audiences to a world that championed diversity, inclusion, acceptance and hope. 56 years later, Paramount+ honours this important day and the franchise’s enduring legacy with the service’s third annual Star Trek Day celebration, providing fans with a memorable way to enjoy and celebrate all things Star Trek.
Additional information on the Star Trek Day global live-streamed celebration and initiatives are below:
Join Paramount+ and co-hosts Tawny Newsome (Star Trek: Lower Decks, Space Force) and Paul F. Tompkins (Star Trek: Lower Decks, BoJack Horseman), co-hosts of Star Trek: The Pod Directive, for two hours of free live-streamed conversations and programming that will unite iconic cast members from the television series as they gather in person to celebrate Star Trek, with a few surprises along the way.
The event will kick-off live from the Star Trek Day red carpet with co-hosts Jackie Cox (Rupaul’s Drag Race) and Mary Chieffo (Star Trek: Discovery) interviewing Star Trek cast members from past to present.
The conversations will include the casts from the following Star Trek television series:
• Star Trek: Picard, with series stars Jeri Ryan and Michelle Hurd.
• Star Trek: Lower Decks, with voice cast members Tawny Newsome, Noël Wells and Dawnn Lewis.
• Star Trek: Prodigy, with series voice cast including Brett Gray and Kate Mulgrew.
• Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, with series stars Rebecca Romijn, Jess Bush, Christina Chong, Celia Rose Gooding, Melissa Navia and Babs Olusanmokun.
Additional programming currently includes:
• Nichelle Nichols Tribute: featuring a special video to honour the impact and influence of Nichelle Nichols.
• Behind The Scenes Set Tour of Star Trek: Discovery: with Wilson Cruz from Toronto, as he provides fans with an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at filming season five of the hit original series, along with appearances from Sonequa Martin-Green and other cast members.
• Put On Your Best Face: where a lucky fan will be transformed into a Star Trek alien by a series make-up artist’s.
• Star Trek Cosplay Runway: hosted by Jackie Cox, fans will strut the runway in their finest Star Trek cosplay.
• Special Musical Guest: Reggie Watts from The Late Late Show With James Corden.
• Stand-Up Comedy: with Brian Posehn (Mr. Show, The Big Bang Theory).
Star Trek Day will also be celebrated with a one-of-a-kind opportunity for fans around the world with the debut of in-person Star Trek Augmented Reality Delta Portals. The Delta Portals will be set up for a limited time in select cities internationally, from Wednesday, 7 September to Friday, 9 September. Each location will have three Star Trek Deltas, each seven feet tall and featuring QR codes that, when scanned on Instagram, transform the objects into mixed-reality portals that bring the user into the world of Star Trek. Each augmented reality experience will be based on a current Star Trek series, featuring fully 3D alien planets, classic starships and iconic characters as they interact with both the virtual and physical worlds.
*Live-stream start time is subject to change